If you believe the app isn't working because you haven't received units recently, please be aware that units are only added when you level up in a game. If you haven't leveled up in any games recently, this is likely the reason you haven't earned units. Please note as well that units are added when your Mistplay Game Levels increase, not when your in-game levels increase.
If it appears that you are not making any progress at all towards leveling up at all (i.e. you haven't been receiving GXP) then the app may not be tracking your playtime. There are a few things that can cause this to happen, please take a look at this list of troubleshooting solutions and let me know if you're able to resolve the issue.
Firstly, always make sure to launch your games through Mistplay rather than directly off your phone, since this is will make sure Mistplay can track your playtime.
- Your phone may be on power saver mode. Power saver mode tends to shut off background processes on your device, which results in Mistplay being unable to track your progress while it's running in the background.
- You have reached the level cap for your game. All games have a level cap of either 20 or 40, so if you have a high level in a game you may have reached the level cap, meaning you wont be able to level up anymore for this specific game.
- You haven't allowed screen overlay and usage access for Mistplay. Both of these permissions for Mistplay must be enabled in your phone's settings in order for the app to work properly.
- You have battery optimization enabled for Mistplay. Battery optimization must be turned off for the Mistplay app in order for it to track your progress (please note battery optimization for individual apps is not the same as the overall Battery Saver function of your phone.)
- You are using a performance boosting app. These apps can shut off background processes that Mistplay uses to track your progress.
- You've hit the game's daily time cap. Once you play a game for more than 2 hours a day you will temporarily stop receiving units for that game. That said, you can continue to earn units by playing different games.
- Your system's clock is out of sync. If your clock doesn't perfectly match the actual time, it can cause problems with our time tracking. It might help if you go into your phone's settings and set your system clock to update automatically.
- You're leaving your phone idle, or you aren't actively playing a game. In order for the app to track your playtime, you must actively play a game. Leaving the game running on your phone without actually playing it will cause the app to stop tracking your playtime, even if the game has idle-play features built into it.
- Mistplay's "Recording your game time" setting has been turned off. Make sure this setting is always turned on when you want to use Mistplay, you can check it by visiting the profile tab in your Mistplay app, then the 3 dots on the top right, then tapping "settings"
As one final piece of advice, always make sure that when you start a game, you see the Mistplay "Welcome" notification show up. It should show up within 10 seconds of starting the game. If you do not see the notification, close the game and launch it again through Mistplay. Once you see the notification, you'll know the app is monitoring your play time.
If, after these steps, you are still not collecting GXP, please reach out to our customer support team for more help at email@example.com