There are a few reasons why you may not be earning GXP while you are playing games:
Firstly, always make sure the Mistplay app is running in the background while you play, since this is what allows the app to track your play time. Launching games directly through the app is a good way to make sure Mistplay is always running.
- Your phone may be on power saver mode. Power saver mode tends to shut off background processes on your device, which results in Mistplay being unable to track your progress while it's running in the background.
- You've previously installed the game. Unfortunately, we can't reward you for games you've previously installed on your device - even if you've installed them before you knew about MISTPLAY.
- The game is from your Discover Weekly list. Please be aware that Discover Weekly games will not award units for playing. Make sure to check the unit multipliers of all your games so you don't unknowingly play games that do not award units.
- You have reached the level cap for your game. All games have a level cap of either 20 or 40, so if you have a high level in a game you may have reached the level cap, meaning you wont be able to level up anymore for this specific game.
- You haven't allowed screen overlay and usage access for Mistplay. Both of these permissions for Mistplay must be enabled in your phone's settings in order for the app to work properly.
- You have battery optimization enabled for Mistplay. Battery optimization must be turned off for the Mistplay app in order for it to track your progress (please note battery optimization for individual apps is not the same as the overall Battery Saver function of your phone.)
- You are using a performance boosting app. These apps can shut off background processes that Mistplay uses to track your progress.
- You've hit the game's daily time cap. Once you play a game for more than 2 hours a day you will temporarily stop receiving units for that game. That said, you can continue to earn units by playing different games.
- Your system's clock is out of sync. If your clock doesn't perfectly match the actual time, it can cause problems with our time tracking. It might help if you go into your phone's settings and set your system clock to update automatically.
- You're playing a game with a decreased unit multiplier. Occasionally a game downloaded from the Mixlist will fail to have it's installation credited by the developer, which unfortunately makes it impossible to earn units for playing it. Always remember to verify a game's unit multiplier before playing , so you can make sure you'll earn units.
- You're leaving your phone idle, or you aren't actively playing a game. In order for the app to track your playtime, you must actively play a game. Leaving the game running on your phone without actually playing it will cause the app to stop tracking your playtime, even if the game has idle-play features built into it.
- Mistplay's "Recording your game time" setting has been turned off. Make sure this setting is always turned on when you want to use Mistplay, you can check it by visiting the miscellaneous tab in your Mistplay app, then tapping "settings"
As one final piece of advice, always make sure that when you start a game, you see the Mistplay "Welcome" notification show up. It should show up within 10 seconds of starting the game. If you do not see the notification, close the game and launch it again through Mistplay. Once you see the notification, you'll know the app is monitoring your play time. Hopefully this helps!
If, after these steps, you are still not collecting GXP, please reach out to our customer support team for more help at firstname.lastname@example.org