There are a few reasons why you may not be earning GXP while you are playing games:
Firstly, always make sure the Mistplay app is running in the background while you play, since this is what allows the app to track your play time.
- Your phone is on power saver mode! This is the main reason people do not receive units while using MISTPLAY, because power saver gets in the way of our ability to track time, which is how we give you your units. Turning off power saver mode is important. The same issue is caused by performance boosting apps.
- You changed your IP-address by switching between WiFi and 3G/LTE while you were installing or playing the game. This prevents us from identifying you when our partners tell us that you have played the game.
- You didn't play for long enough. We recommend you play games for at least 5-minutes; to be safe you should play at least 10-minutes. It's up to the game developer to notify us when they believe you've played long enough. This is usually between 2-10 minutes. Be sure to check the REWARD section of the app you've downloaded within MISTPLAY to see specific requirements.
- Game developer time delay; some game developers take up to 24-hours to notify us that you actually played long enough. Wait for 24-hours and see if you receive a notification from MISTPLAY.
- You've previously installed the game. Unfortunately, we can't reward you for games you've previously installed on your device - even if you've installed them before you knew about MISTPLAY.
- There was a network glitch. In some rare cases, the game developer might have a technical issue where they don't notify us that you've played. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do in this scenario.
- The game is from your Discover Weekly list, unfortunately, we are no longer able to give units for Discover Weekly games.
- You have reached the level cap for your game. All games have a level cap, so if you have reached a high level you might have reached the cap, and would then be unable to level up anymore for that specific game.
- You haven't allowed screen overlay and usage access for Mistplay. Both of these permissions for Mistplay must be enabled in your phone's settings in order for the app to work properly.
- You have battery optimization enabled for Mistplay. Battery optimization must be turned off for the Mistplay app in order for it to track your progress (please note battery optimization for individual apps is not the same as the overall Battery Saver function of your phone.)
Please note: Once you play a game for more than 2 hours a day you will temporarily stop receiving units for that game. That said, you can continue to earn units by playing different games.
As one final piece of advice, always make sure that when you start a game, you see the Mistplay "Welcome" notification show up. It should show up within 10 seconds of starting the game. If you do not see the notification, close the game and launch it again through Mistplay. Once you see the notification, you'll know the app is monitoring your play time. Hopefully this helps!
If, after these steps, you are still not collecting GXP, please reach out to our customer support team for more help at firstname.lastname@example.org